Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What to wear?

Hi lieve K, Don't be jealous! Have to do a lot of activities outside work, otherwise I'll go bonkers.. Too much work and no play makes me very sad and cranky :-)

Yesterday I worked till 2345 and today nearly 12 hours.. But the nice thing here is that even though everyone works hard, the moment you have some fun, it's double the appreciation.

So today, after work - herewith me in my office in my suit - I went for a walk to Marina Mall, it's just 15 minute walk away with an amazing skyline of Abu Dhabi, and after I went for Peking Duck with the girls. The last time I had a proper Peking Duck was with you on the canals of Amsterdam, remember?

Have to admit, haven't done any planning for Goa (so not me, think I have changed since I have been living in the ME). Exchanged some Rupees, got my packing list ready (see picture), checked the weather (thunder and lightning and 30c with some sunshine), bought the Lonely P, hotel and flights are booked and the rest.... we'll see when we get there. Luckily Leena has the same attitude. Just want to see a temple, a church, buy some silk, eat lovely curries, read my book, lie at the pool, do some yoga and chill out! Oh, and the most important thing - I am buying loads of flowers for the room - can't believe I have lived without fresh flowers for 2,8 years now, boo!

Have to request my summer holidays, but planning to be in Haarlem mid July. We can do all the lovely things we can do, will be lots of fun!

With love from AUH, love to all, xx c.a.

                                                                                        Hi Ka


                                                 Skyline of Abu Dhabi

                         Peking Duck Wednesday

                                                         List for Goa