Monday, May 16, 2011

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Hi Cor,

Yesterday our Amsterdam soccer club Ajax won the national soccer competition and thus, yet another reason for the people of Amsterdam to celebrate. But while everybody partied in the streets, we quietly went to the cinema theatre and finally saw "Black Swan"! A must-see for a ballet fanatic as me and now we finally found time to watch it. I loved the dancing parts, but was also really scared watching the movie. Even had nightmares last night!

After the movie we had to catch our breaths a bit and went to have some drinks at Grand CafĂ© De Jaren. Also, I wasn't ready to have dinner after watching so much blood. So we had a late night dinner at French restaurant Flo. I had the honey glazed duck breast with a port sauce (nothing too bloody), which was very tasty. And for dessert... Crepes Suzette, yummie! As you can see for yourself, I was very happy with my choice: 

I have to get ready for tonight's ballet class now. I hope that I am not that inspired by "Black Swan"!

Big kisses from Amsterdam,

x Ka