Friday, May 13, 2011

Summer in the city

Lieve K,

Today I finished Summer in the City in one go, the new Carrie book. It was lovely and great, felt like home.  It's about the first summer of Carrie in NYC and all her parties, first loves and experiences.

                               My morning on the beach


Am also reading a Swedish book, started last week - of course I had to read Carrie book in between - and it's really interesting, A Troubled Man by Henning Mankell. Will tell you all about it once finished. 

Anyway, summer is starting, during the day it's already over 40c and very dry air. Am going very early to the beach and leaving around 1 - good start of the weekend :-)  I have a favorite spot, but its popular and need to come very early to snag it, luckily the beach is only a few steps away. In one months time, it will be around 50c, feels like you are melting, my third summer in the Middle East, will end around September, more of that will come later. 


Celebrating summer, I bought my first MJ wedges of the summer: gold, turquoise and cherry red, they are really comfy and make me really tall, love them! Something new as I have been walking on flip flops and flats since I started in the Middle East (except during work, black pumps every day - that will be another future post: my daily work outfits.  What are your summer shoes? 

With love from AUH, xx c.a.